With Leica Geosystems' unique PaveSmart 3D control system, your milling machine is controlled without stringlines or any other local references. Starting from the project data, the actual 3D prism position is measured by a Total station or a GNSS receiver and transmitted to the Leica Machine Computer (MPC). Precision machine-mounted slope sensors regulate mainfall and cross-slope.
Leica PaveSmart 3D transmits corrections to the onboard control system (e.g. Wirtgen LevelPro, DLS controllers or MOBAmatic), which regulates the hydraulics, in a similar way to controlling with the conventional sensors – meaning your crew needs only minimal retraining to work with 3D. Depending on project conditions, the machine is maintained to design grade within an accuracy of up to ±3mm (with TPS).
Benefits of Leica PaveSmart 3D:
- With the machine under fully automatic control, the operator can concentrate fully on the production process.
- Trim anywhere, at any time of day or night - no waiting on stringline crews
- Better operational safety and reliability result in greater paving speed and productivity.
- Major cost savings - no installation and maintenance of stringlines required
- High-precision milling (+/- 3mm in height and +/- 10mm in position)
- Project data from almost any CAD system
- Continuous milling if multiple total stations are used
- The result of 10 years knowledge and experience from the world’s first provider of 3D stringless concrete and asphalt paving, trimming and milling technology