Conventionally, concrete slipform pavers are controlled for elevation and steering by one or more stringlines. But stringlines:
- are expensive, time-consuming and error-prone to install,
(US$1.50 per pin, or > US$500 per mile, plus the surveying costs)
- are easily damaged during paving (significant site safety hazard) and easily misaligned
- interfere with site logistics
- greatly increase pre-production planning & surveyors workload
- increase, concrete delivery time and haulage costs.
With PaveSmart 3D (LMGS-S), the GOMACO machine is controlled without stringlines. Starting from the project data, the machine's position, elevation and heading is measured by total station(s) and transmitted to the Leica Machine Computer (MPC). Precision machine-mounted slope sensors provide mainfall, draft and cross-slope for the machine's mould.
Position, elevation, draft and slope corrections required to keep the machine precisely on-line and on-grade are sent to the GOMACO G21 or G22 controller via CAN-Bus, typically allowing paving accuracy of ±3mm, and steer within±10mm.
Benefits of the PaveSmart 3D (LMGS-S) system:
- With the machine under fully automatic control, the crew can concentrate fully on production and quality.
- Pave anywhere, at any time of day or night - no waiting on stringline crews
- Better operational safety and reliability result in greater paving speed and productivity.
- Major cost savings - no installation and maintenance of stringlines required.
- Greatly improved jobsite logistics
- 3D Project data can be produced by almost any CAD system.
- Continuous concrete paving if multiple total stations are used
- Almost any GOMACO mainline slipform paver can be upgraded or "retro-fitted" to run with PaveSmart 3D (LMGS-S)
- The result of 10 years knowledge and experience from the world’s first provider of 3D stringless concrete and asphalt paving, trimming and milling technology